City of Minneapolis Assessor’s Office
Your Property VALUATION Notice You can appeal the assessed value of your property.
If you feel a mistake has been made in valuing your property, we encourage you to contact our office. We can review the property characteristics and appraisal methods used to determine your most recent assessed value. Our knowledgeable staff is available to assist you. Call 311 or (612) 673-3000.
Senior Citizens Property Tax Deferral Program
The Senior Citizens Property Tax Deferral Program is meant to help seniors who are having difficulty paying their homestead property taxes. You may qualify for the program if both of the following are true
-- You or your spouse is age 65 or older.
-- Your household income is $60,000 or less.
How does it work?
If you enroll, the amount of property tax you pay is limited to 3 percent of your total household income for as long as you participate in the program. Any tax above that amount is temporarily paid by the state on your behalf.
This deferred tax must be repaid (with interest) to the state when you sell or transfer your home, or when your property no longer qualifies for the program.
For program details, enrollment and repayment information:
Read our fact sheet, Senior Citizen Property Tax Deferral
See Form CR-SCD, Property Tax Deferral for Senior Citizens
We are committed to providing better access to information. Browse this site for basic information about:
- Property taxes, Market valuation, and Homesteading
- Notices you receive from this office
- How to appeal the assessed value of your property
In our continuing effort to provide accurate and timely information to the residents of the City of Minneapolis, you can get:
- Property Information Online - to view your property characteristics.
- Neighborhood Sales Finder - to search home sales in your area.
- Property Tax Estimator -to see an approximate estimate of this year’s property taxes.
If you do not find the information you need on this site, please contact the Assessor’s Office by phone or email above.Contact us for further information
- Board of Appeal and Equalization
- Hennepin County Appeal Process
- Hennepin County Property Information Search
- Minneapolis PropertyInfo
- Special Assessments
Last updated Feb 17, 2015