Special Assessments Contacts
Several departments in the City handle special assessments. If you’ve received a lettter about a special assessment, please contact the person or department on the letter.
If you need more information or help determining who to contact about a special assessment, please call 311.
For questions on pending or levied special assessments, please have the property tax ID available.
The following is a list of the City Departments and the various assessments which they originate.
Engineering Services, (612) 673-2401
- Street and Alley Paving
- Ornamental Street Lighting
- Special Service Districts
Housing Inspections, (612) 673-3754
- Weed removal
- Trash removal
- Tree removal (private property)
Housing Inspections, (612) 673-2007
- Administrative Citations (property-related)
- Housing inspections fees
Housing Inspections, Problem Properties Unit, 311 or (612) 673-3000
- Demolitions Chapter 249
- Vacant Building Registrations
- Vacant Building Boarding / Police
Minneapolis Park Board, (612) 230-6400
- Tree removal
- Park improvements
Sidewalks, (612) 673-2420
- Snow and ice removal
- Sidewalk replacement
Solid Waste & Recycling, (612) 673-2917
- Solid waste clean up charges
Utility Billing, (612) 673-1114
- Delinquent water and sewer bills
Last updated Jun. 14, 2013