Powers & Duties
The City Planning Commission shall have the following powers and duties in connection with the administration of City Ordinance Chapter 525, Section 100:
(1) To initiate amendments to the text of this zoning ordinance and to the zoning map.
(2) To hear and make recommendations to the city council on proposed amendments to this zoning ordinance, including rezonings.
(3) To initiate amendments to the comprehensive plan.
(4) To hear and make recommendations to the city council on proposed amendments to the comprehensive plan.
(5) To hear and decide applications for conditional use permit.
(6) To hear and decide applications for major site plan review, pursuant to the procedures and standards set forth in Chapter 530, Site Plan Review.
(7) To hear and decide applications for expansion of a nonconforming use and change of nonconforming use, pursuant to the procedures and standards set forth in Chapter 531, Nonconforming Uses and Structures.
(8) To hear and decide applications for land use reviews, including but not limited to variances and certificates of nonconforming use, as part of concurrent review, pursuant to Section 525.20.
(9) To hear and decide appeals from any order, requirement, decision, determination or interpretation made by the zoning administrator, planning director or other official in the administration or the enforcement of this zoning ordinance with respect to minor site plan review, administrative review of permitted communication towers, antennas and base units, travel demand management plans, transfer of development rights and floor area ratio premiums.
(10) To recommend to the city council appointments to the zoning board of adjustment.
Last updated Sep. 27, 2011